Thursday, May 31, 2007

Microsoft Surface: BA Interface

If you haven't seen this yet, you have to check out Microsoft Surface:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/industry/4217348.html

When someone else told me about it, I was kind of ho-hum on the idea. But seeing it in action with this video makes it look really bad ass! The surface of the table-computer is multi-touch, so you can manipulate the screen at multiple points, such as for interacting with images, video, and maps. One really cool feature is how it recognizes objects that you set on it, such as wireless devices, so it can read images and files that are stored in the device. Place a digital camera on the surface, and it pulls up all the images on the camera. I want one, now!

This is quite possibly the coolest thing I have seen Microsoft do. I hope it runs on a somewhat standard Windows OS because it's a prime candidate for Flash/Flex interfaces (or as MS sees it, for Silverlight...).

No comments: